Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday On My Mind

Well, it's the last day of the week and the start of my days off with my little man and beautiful wife. Despite the reason behind it, I enjoy the days to spend time with my family.

I had to go back in to PMH today because we forgot to restock our mouthcare stuff for the monkey. While I sat in the pharmacy, a recognisable name was called out. The mum was sort of familiar, so I asked the young girl she was with if it was who I suspected - I was right (unsurprisingly - just kidding. I fake being wrong sometimes) I was at a loss as to who the young girl was. The last time I had seen her she was mid-thigh height at most. Admittedly that was 7-odd years ago. Now she's taller than me - not a difficult task you might think, but she is only 15, and her mum's a shorty too. How strange it was to run into them, particularly at the PMH dispensary. But it was great. Hopefully, we will get a chance to catch up another time, and maybe reaquaint ourselves with a game of 500 aswell. I hope we can catch up soon Q-family.

Since some of you have missed out on the last month of our little man's life, I'll be sure to put up some more photo's and video's. He is confidently walking on his own now, though still a little shakey. I did notice today, however, that he seems to be steadier when he is on his treatment. Very perculiar. Here are a couple of photo's of him in his new dressing gown bought by Oma. He loves the holographic eye's on the hood, and he looks so cute.

He's also become quite adept at opening and closing drawers and doors. Fortunately, he prefers to close things, especially the fridge while Dad is getting things out of it.

No comments: