Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cooler Weather

It's a cooler day in Busselton today. It rained this morning and is now blustery. I like it this way. It's much more conducive to reading and writing, and a lot easier to keep Oliver comfortable in.
I went for a jog with him this morning. Despite my job, I'm not really fond of running for running's sake. I prefer to chase after a ball of some sort. So I really have to keep pushing myself. I found that I really just wanted to walk. It was all a little too hard and painful. And I thought, how soft am I. How dare I say that it's all a bit too hard given what my little boy, and many other children, are going through? I've often wondered if I would have the strength to endure what they endure, and often doubt I would. Needless to say, I kept running. It was my own little bit of suffering, for what it was worth.

1 comment:

Gordon, Sytarnya and Tyran said...

I can't get over how much he looks like Karli (Karli's family). Sorry I know we haven't written back for a while, but we still read and keep updated thru your blog.

Here's hoping that a little break away will refresh you all just a tad anyway - to bolster you up for a while again...

Lots of Love, The Qld Roeys