Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas - Part 1

This entry will be written in two parts. This is the joyful part.

I love Christmas. How else do you explain my Christmas vest and flashing santa hat? I love this time of the year. I love shopping for presents for everyone. Secretly I feel a little ripped off by doing Kris Kringle/Secret Santa with the Tate family because I don't get to buy and wrap as many presents (but of course it's not so easy to buy for everyone anyway, so that's a good thing). I like looking at the lights and decorating the house. I like the t-shirts everyone wears, and how everyone seems to be a little bit more cheerful - I suspect that people are actually like this most of the time, it's just that they are allowed to be more jolly at this time of the year. I love that people are more generous. I love seeing the looks on children's faces as they talk about Santa and what they would like for Christmas. I love that some semi -random stranger came in to the hospital today (he was a father of a cancer survivor, and a cancer survivor himself) and handed out extremely generous gifts to sick children and their families. I love that Dr Angela wore a flashing santa hat. I love that PMH was decorated long before our house even got sight of a decoration (except for the ones I had left up from last year). I love the story that goes along with Christmas. I love that my eternity was too precious to be left up to me and so I was shown grace by the birth of a small child. At this time of the year, I'm like a child in a toy shop, and if I am actually in a toy shop, I'm worse. I wish you a very merry and joyful and loving Christmas. May the day fill your heart and remind you of all that is good, and may you have a safe, healthy and fabulous new year.

No comments: